The internet is presently having a laugh at the BBC for their declaration that “Black women” were “mostly likely to die” in the 14th-century plague. Black women of African descent were more likely to die of the medieval plague in London, academics at the Museum of London have found.
So that's what the black death actually was. LOL
There is _so much_ to comment on in here
1) Literally a third of all people died of the black plague. Why are we arguing over who died harder? When _I_ was in college, one of the woke talking points was that "playing oppression olympics is immoral; we shouldn't be arguing over who has it worse when we could be working on making it better". Weird to see them do a 180 on this as soon as it is convenient
2) The same people who want to dig up 500 year old skeletons and assign race to them, insist that there are no meaningful differences between races, to the point that they will insist on (eg) not factoring physiological differences between races into medical decisions. But those same differences that don't exist, can be used to identify the race of a skeleton? Get real
3) Why does this study even exist? What productive purpose could it possibly serve? Who paid for this?
4) If the biggest problem in your life is that "Your presence was not formally recorded" then you have nothing to complain about. Actual people actually alive today are actually dying of actual diseases, and they care more about the fact that people who died in the past weren't written down in a book properly? Jesus
5) Do they not realize that the overwhelming majority of _white_ people were de-facto slaves back then (eg serfdom)? Or do they just not care?
6) They are unironically identifying the race of skeletons using _phrenology_, which is typically considered to be the stand-in example for pseudoscience. It's also one of the 'pseudosciences' that most 'right wing racists' online believe is real. Horseshoe theory!
7) "May". "Might". "Could have". This is what counts for _science_ these days?
What the study neglects however is how many TRANSGENDERED black women were singled out by the plague for death. The failure of the workers to consider this is proof of their hate.
i knew i could count on you. i'd read the referenced piece yesterday and i really struggled, non-academic though i am, with the idea that a medieval plague cemetery in london was overloaded with black skeletons, and i did not see anything on dna evidence for ethnic determination.
so these guys have reverted to skull shapes? well, quelle surprise. dna evidence would've blown up in their hands.
honestly, the silliness. and what a strange sort of desperation too.
BBC don't realise what they just proved:
That there are so great differences between makle and female skeletons that you can distiguish sex even after centuries of decomposition
But this one is the true whopper:
The scientists referred to have proven that the racial differences between whites (anglo-saxons in this case) and negros are so great that these differences can be detected centuries after the body has decomposed.
That is rather revolutionary, that is. The BBC endorsing science proving that negros and anglo-saxons are not the same race.
'They reluctantly announce that their black skeletons “were placed in the graves with care and respect” and decide that “what exactly this might have meant requires further research.” '
What it means is that their theories are pure, unadulterated bullshit. (Pardon my French.)
> Black women most likely to die in medieval plague
Now 👏 Do 👏 Malaria
Slow down... how could they possibly know which gender the skeletons identified as? What about non-binary black women? Wouldn't they have died at even greater rates from the plague? Did these scientists even account for the oppression of non-binary black women?
Where do you start with crap like this?
The actual black population of England at the time was probably zero. Let's be generous to the opposition and say it was in single digits. We can't rule out a handful.
And then slavery? That has not existed in England since the Norman invasion, quite possibly since the Romans left. Sure, there were distinctly unequal contracts which were hard to break, people tied to their manors, with a high price to buy out, but not something we would recognise as slavery practised in the American colonies, or North Africa.
So of course one reads further, and finds out it's basically a model of a model of a model. A kind of third-order Ferguson.
Based on the observation that weaker people tended to die of it. No shit, Sherlock!
Whenever I see this kind of excuse for scientific study I am reminded of The Journal of Irreproducible Results, a parody of scientific articles. We have reached the point in science where much of so-called science belongs in that journal.
Oppressed skeletons. Genius. 😂
The hall monitors can’t even let the dead be exempt from their racist pursuits. Is this like that children’s book that claims that black people built Stonehenge? I had to read that summary about five times to actually believe it wasn’t an attempt at a joke.
LMAO...so funny how the media can predict things 100 years from now and know what happened 700 years ago. Stranger that they can't even get close to telling the truth in today's world.
I thought all the hip anthropologists these days refused to say whether a given skeleton was male or female since there are no structural differences between the two, according to woke dogma.
Also, is classifying people by race via skull measurements back in vogue?
Basically what I'm getting from this is that Redfnerf is a couple of utterly fucktarded shitwizards who are molesting graves and making shit up, presumably for monetary gain. They sound like horrible people.
Ah. Al-BBC. We, the UK tax payers, fund these people. We also fund the 'Museum of London' not to be confused with many, many other museums in London.
You can all see what type of stuff we get fed every single day....... why people are not listening or looking at BBC output..... why museums need to be careful with CRT applied with historic revisionist ideas.
lol!! That's a new one: "Premodern structural racism." Someone should get these deluded, disconnected academics mirrors so they can see how far they have stuffed their heads up their own rectums (before they suffocate). Science is now showing that blacks and Hispanics are at much higher risk of adverse health effects from phthalate pollution because of variations in disturbances of glucose homeostasis. But of course, this is ideologically exploited by morons as a priori proof (like biological hematological differences) of yet more white-people sin.
Yet, 700+ years later, the BBC is absolutely baffled as to why so many are dropping dead, of reasons other than the plague.